Amazon Echo is one of the most amazing inventions, but the only issue is its inability to understand the most basic commands at times. The post has listed the most common Amazon Echo issues and how to fix them. So, here are the instructions to fix not turning on Echo Show.
Reboot the Device
If you want to reboot the device, then you can follow the provided steps.
- First of all, you have to disconnect the power adapter from the outlet or device.
- After that, you should wait for 3 minutes.
- Now, connect the adapter again into the Echo Show.
If you want to factory reset, then pursue the instructions given below.
- Get started by locating the Volume down and Mute keys on the upper side of the Echo Show.
- Then you should long press both keys at once until the Amazon logo comes. It will take 15 seconds.
- If the steps come on the display, then follow them to set up the device.
- Now, after complete the setup process, Echo Show will be back to its original form.
Keep the Smart Home Connections Intact
If you want to keep the smart home connections intact after the reset, then follow the provided steps.
- To get started, go to the Settings menu.
- After that, go to the “Device Options’.
- You should select “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
- Go to “Reset to Factory Defaults but retain Smart Home Device Connections.”
- Now, tap on “Reset” to verify.
Set Up the Echo Show
If you want to set up the Echo Show, then pursue the instructions given below.
- To get started, you should choose the preferred language.
- Then you have to link to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, sign in to the Amazon account.
Switching Wi-Fi Networks
If you want to switch Wi-Fi networks, then you can follow the provided steps.
- To begin with, go to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the “Network.”
- You have to select the network name you would like to connect to.
- When the prompt comes, input the password of the network.
- Now, when you can’t locate the Wi-Fi network you want from the listed Network menu, you should able to move down to locate advanced Wi-Fi options.
- When a couple of moving pages come on the Echo Show’s home screen, then it means the setup process is finished.
Using Echo Show as a Home Control
If you want to use Echo Show as a Home Control, then pursue the instructions given below.
- First, you have to go to the Settings menu.
- After that, you should select the Accessibility option.
- Now, turn on the “Tap to Alexa” button.