All the technical product, software, and gadget demands an update for their proper functioning and the same way Windows operating system also requires an update to ensure that the system functions smoothly and effectively without any error and issue.
Updating the Windows 10 operating system is also essential to have all the latest features and security patches to protect the computer system from various Malware, Spyware, and Viruses.
However, sometimes Windows users can’t able to update their system with the latest update because of the 0x8024a105 error code. The “Windows Update error code 0x8024a105” usually occurs during the time of updating the Windows 10 operating system due to reasons like improper installation, a virus attack, and corrupted or missing files.
Having an error in between the process of updating Windows 10, is a real headache; but, do not worry more about it, as you can now able to fix Windows 10 0x8024a105 error with the below-mentioned effective solutions. So, without any further second, let’s continue reading to learn the most effective solutions to troubleshoot the 0x8024a105 error code:
Method 1: Perform a Clean Re-boot:
- To perform a clean reboot you need to first open the ‘System Configuration’ dialog box and for that type ‘Win + R’ key shortcut.
- Doing so, will open a ‘Run Command box’ in which you have to type ‘MSConfig’ and press ‘Enter.’
- Now, on the ‘System Configuration’ dialog box, select the ‘Service’ tab and under it click on ‘Hide all Microsoft services box.’
- After that, click on the ‘Disable all’ option and then go o the ‘Startup’ tab in order to open the ‘Task manager.’
- Then, under it, select each startup item and click on the ‘Disable’ option.
- Now, close the ‘Task Manager’ and again go to the ‘Startup’ box, and there you have to click on the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it! Lastly, give a quick reboot to your system and then download the Windows update again.
Method 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Open ‘Search Programs and Files’ box and type ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Then, click on the available ‘Troubleshoot Settings’ to open it.
- Also, in case, you don’t have it, download it from Microsoft’s site and install it following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, under the ‘Troubleshoot Settings’ expand the options further by clicking on ‘Troubleshoot.’
- After that, click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ from the expanded options.
- Once you clicked it, ‘Troubleshooter’ will automatically detect the issue related to 0x8024a105 error.
- That’s it! Now, you can again run the Windows Update to install the latest Windows update.
Method 3: Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings:
- In case, ‘Troubleshooter’ didn’t help to fix the error, simply move on to change the ‘User Account Control’ settings.
- To do so, press ‘Win + r’ key shortcut and open the ‘Run dialog box’ in order to type ‘netplwiz.’
- Then simply hit the ‘Enter’ button to open the ‘Built-in troubleshooter.’
- There, in the ‘Users Tab’ you have to select the user which you’re using in order to click on its ‘Properties.’
- Under the ‘Properties’ window, set the level of access to ‘Administrator’ from the ‘Group Membership’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the changes and then reboot your system.
- Also, make sure to log in with the same user account and finish the startup process.
- Now, you can easily perform the Windows update again.