Liposuction is defined as a plastic surgery process that is used for the removal of excess fat from the body. The process is known by different other names, including lipoplasty, body contouring, and lipo, etc. nowadays, it has appeared as one of the most popular surgery options around the globe. People prefer this process for improving and contouring their body shape. They can remove the additional fat from multiple areas, including hips, thighs, arm, abdomen, neck, and back. Usually, people go for these processes after failed exercise and improper diet plan.
This treatment is not a weight loss substitute, and it involves multiple complications and risks. It strongly recommends talking to your doctor before you consider this treatment.
Is Liposuction Safe?
Whether the process is safe or not, you can only decide after taking into consideration different aspects.
The treatment requires anesthesia before it begins. This means that you don’t experience much pain throughout the surgical procedures. However, the recovery procedure could be painful.
It all depends on the surgery of the body part, whether you need a shorter or longer hospital stay. Keep in mind you can experience bruising, numbness, swelling, and pain after liposuction.
To make the process less painful for you, you can go for the following options including;
- Make proper discussion with the doctor about the pain concerns
- Consider different types of anesthesia that can be used during the surgery
- Ask about the medication that may be needed while going for the operation.
To reduce the pain after the surgery requires you to;
- Properly take the medicines including the painkiller
- Properly wear the suggested compression garments
- Properly take rest
- Increase the intake of liquid
- Avoid taking salty food as it can cause you severe swelling
Deciding if Liposuction is safe option or not
Some people are considered as suitable for liposuction, while others think it as a risky process. However, doctors’ suggestions can be helpful.
People who should consider themselves ideal for the surgery including;
- Don’t have the excess fat
- Have better elasticity of the skin
- Have appropriate muscle tone
- Don’t follow proper diet plans
- Are not corpulent or over weighted
- Avoid smoking
Never undergo the process if you;
- Severe heart issues
- Have an improper immune system
- Are flabby
- Have loose-fitting skin
- Have a historical background of diabetes, seizures and other medical issues
- Intake of medication that is not good for health
The results of the liposuction surgery are always ambiguous until the adverse effect of tenderness goes down. Sometimes, it may involve many months to recover properly.
People who are courageous enough to maintain a proper diet and weight can experience significant results. Those who cannot support the weight usually find this surgery nothing but wastage of money. However, it all depends on you and your health conditions, whether liposuction is suitable for the body or not, or should you go for this treatment or not.
Source Url: https://go2article.com/article/what-is-liposuction-surgery-and-is-it-safe/